At the same time are renewable energy from solar, wind and hydro becoming cheaper each year and the latest plants at favourable locations are already at the same price level as fossil energy sources and even below. A perfect situation for combining cheap and abundant renewables with carbon utilization to store energy, to produce renewable fuels and chemicals.
Learn about the current state and future of CCU:
- Is a reduction of CO2 (with a lot of energy) always necessary?
- Are there other ways to utilize CO2?
- Which technologies for CO2 utilization are already available?
- On which Technology Readiness Level (TRL) are they available?
- Which are the first applications for CCU? Which pilot, demo and commercial plants are already in place?
- Which are the leading countries, companies and institutes?
- Which role will CCU play in the Renewable Energy Directive (REDII) and the Emissions Trading System (ETS)?
- Economic and environmental assessment of CCU technologies.
- How will CO2- and Bio-based Economy interact?
Event host: nova-Institute
Event venue: Wölhaff Conference Center, Terminal 1, Airport Cologne/Bonn
Relevant website or webpage: http://bio-based.eu/CCU-Session/
Twitter hashtag/social media account link: https://twitter.com/novaInstitut